Thursday, August 6, 2009

1/365: Home Away From Home

TUESDAY AUGUST 4, 2009 (1/365)

Home Away From Home

My desk at work. Because of the potential for aggression and explosiveness with my kids, I can't have anything nice or breakable laying around but that nameplate has lasted a number of years now. I made it in tech class with the kids a few years ago - helpeful little hands added the pencil marks on the white letters some time this year - and despite being tossed around a number of times now, it's still standing.

The elephant is a more recent addition. At the end of the school year, the lifeguard brought out a pile of beanie babies and told the kids they could all pick one. One of them said, "Can Miss Heather have one too? Elephants are her favorite!" So nice to know they do occasionally hear what I'm saying to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment